The Abu Dhabi Waste Management Center (TADWEER) is the Waste Sector Regulatory Authority (WSRA) as defined in Decree 42/2009, under Abu Dhabi Public Health Center (ADPHC), the Competent OSH Authority in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The overall responsibilities of Tadweer as WSRA are as follows:-
- Identifying, nominating and registering entities that shall develop and implement an OSHMS in compliance with the OSHAD-SF.
- Identifying and risk classifying the waste sector's entities.
- Nominating the High risk entities, which are required to develop and implement the full OSH Management system in line with the OSHAD SF.
- Nominating and notifying medium risk entities that shall develop and implement OSH control measures in compliance with OSHAD-SF – Mechanism 5.0 – OSH Requirements for Medium Risk Entities.
- Nominating and notifying low risk entities that shall be managed by the concerned SRA in a manner relevant to their risk and operation.
- Reviewing and approving the OSH MS developed by nominated high risk entities in compliance with the requirements of the OSHAD-SF.
- Monitoring the implementation of the OSHAD-SF through means such as periodical inspection (Low and Medium risk entities) and auditing (High risk entities) of the Waste sector entities.
- Monitoring OSH Internal incident investigations conducted by waste sector entities as per the requirements of OSHAD-SF – Mechanism 11.0 – Incident Notification, Investigation and Reporting.
- Conducting the OSH incident investigations as directed or required by ADPHC and as per the requirements of OSHAD-SF – Mechanism 11.0 - Incident Notification, Investigation and Reporting.
- Conducting appropriate waste sector awareness activities, in coordination with ADPHC, as per the requirements of OSHAD-SF –- Mechanism 12.0 – Notification Requirements for OSH Awareness Activities and e ncouraging waste sector entities to participate in OSH related activities / campaigns..
- Coordinating with ADPHC to ensure alignment and integration of existing and new OSH requirements (Refer to OSHAD-SF –- Mechanism 1.0 – Integration of OSH Requirements in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi)
- Reporting to ADPHC on the performance of the OSH MS at waste sector level as per OSHAD-SF – Mechanism 6.0 – OSH Performance Monitoring and Reporting;
The waste sector OSH mandatory requirements are defined in below documents.
To develop a full OSH Management System, in line with the OSHAD SF.
Please refer to ADPHC link for latest
- OSH Policy,
- OSH Elements,
- Codes of Practice and
ADPHC Legislation Here
Incident notification and Reporting
Please refer to the Mechanism 11 of OSHAD SF – Incident Notification, Investigation and Reporting Here
Please refer to the Mechanism 6.0 of OSHAD SF, OSH Performance Monitoring & Reporting Here
For additional templates refer EHS Library